About Me

My photo
I am of Melanesian/Polynesian/Asian descent born in Lae, Papua New Guinea at ANGAU Memorial Hospital.

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Australian Domestic Travellers Page


To be continued (Last update Fri, 08 Apr 11)

Gove Lookout, Arnhem land, Northen Territory (NT), August
2008
Finally!  I have created the page for the DomesticTraveller in Australia.  I travelled parts of Australia with dad and mum in the car, first of course we had to fly in from PNG to Australia.  Dad told me how much he loved driving and how he enjoyed viewing different parts of the country otherwise any other time we would catch the bus to country New South Wales (NSW), to Willow Tree and Canberra, Australian Capital Territory (ACT); and other parts of country NSW where uncle Laurie and aunty Beryl  and other relatives and friends lived at the time.  The other trip was to Brisbane, Queensland (QLD) where we would stay with uncle Tom and aunty Sondra.  Those are my earliest and fondest memories of travelling around Australia.  In the Willow Tree hyperlink you will see something about History and 5 generations of Barwick family, who are my Australian relatives on dad's side of the family.  Nana Seymour's family.
Nana Lila Seymour (nee Barwick) and my cousin Mandy 1970's


On the train passing through Willow Tree in August 2010









During my teenage years when my sister Jo and I could not fly home to PNG during school holidays,we would catch the bus to Brisbane, to uncle Tom and aunty Sondra.  At the time we would catch Mc Cafferty's Buses now taken over by Greyhound.  I now catch Greyhound if I decide to catch a bus anywhere in Australia.  Unfortunately I left everything late in life and one of them was my driver's licence, otherwise I'd be driving and not catching buses and trains and planes.

I also travelled a lot through the Australian Army as an Active Reservists and a full time service personnel, up Cape York Peninsula, the Torres Straits, Mount (Mt) Isa, and parts of Western Australia and New South Wales and the Northern Territory.  I travelled these places by army transport the Caribou, Hercules a navy dive boat called the Malu Baizam and army vehicles.  I went to places that tourists would dream of going to "off the beaten track."  I even went on a small joy ride around Cairns, Far North Queensland in an Australian Army Black Hawke Helicopter.

Royal Australian Navy (RAN) Dive/Launch BoatMalu Baizam Oct 1995

 The Australian Domestic Traveller's Page will list all the reputable transports in Australia and holiday accommodation websites, etc.  Those of you who are insured with your states automobile/car insurance eg NRMA or AANT, they should be able to give you information and discounts to any parts of Australia you are thinking of driving or travelling to.

Please click go to Pages on your right under Home and the link Australian Domestic Travellers Page.  I hope the information in there might be able to help you.


Disclaimer:  I accept no responsibility or liability of any loss to any incorrect or out dated information some of these websites may contain.  The most accurate up to date information at the time known to me is inserted in these pages.  It is the responsibility of the individual to do their own research in their own time.  This is just a guide to assist people in giving them as much information as I possibly can to assist them in preparing for a trip to Australia or wanting to learn about Australia.  My views and opinions and experiences will not exactly reflect other peoples' views and opinions and experiences.
This material is copyright © Wendy J. Seymour 2011 - Exempt the hyperlinks they are from the World Wide Web (WWW)

No comments:

Post a Comment