About Me

My photo
I am of Melanesian/Polynesian/Asian descent born in Lae, Papua New Guinea at ANGAU Memorial Hospital.

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Northern Territory (NT), Australia Tribute Post

To be continued (Last updated Thursday, 27 April 11)


Easter Saturday, 23 April 2011 @ Buley Rockhole, Litchfield National Park, Northern Territory, Australia

Well after living in Darwin for 8 years I have decided to move back to the East Coast of Australia.  There were times when I used to bag the Northern Territory (NT), and wished I'd have left the place a lot sooner.  However anyone who tells me they are bored on the weekend up here has got to be out of their mind.  There is heaps to do in the NT, especially if you or someone you know owns a boat or like fishing, love the outdoors, camping, driving, picnicing, whatever your fancy.  After I had completed my Tourism studies here in the NT, I was interested in working in Domestic Tourism here in the NT, but ended up working for the Australian Defence Force (ADF)  for the next 3 years afterwards (which was not a bad thing at all, sometimes these things happens.)  The NT is one of Australia's main Tourism destination both for International and Domestic Travellers. I was able to build up my Tourism knowledge whilst studying at the Charles Darwin University (CDU), Palmerston Campus.  I also know that not everyone is interested in living in a 5 star accommodation and that the most expensive time of the year in the NT is the Tourist season, so it pays to do your own home work and shopping when looking for discounts.  Locals may not feel the costs as such but outsiders will definately feel it if they do not know where to look for bargains. 

Such discount offers could be found with some of the following groups just to give you a couple of examples:

International Youth Travellers
Youth Hostel Associations
Australian Senior Citizens Cards

All such information are on my Pages to right where you can click on to :

Australia - All the specific travel information you need to know; and

Australian Domestic Travellers Page

Bear in mind that I am still updating these Pages as I still have more information to put on them.  It is just a matter of taking the time out to do this, as I am also in the middle of packing and holidays at the moment.

Best places to do your food shopping especially for the International traveller  I would recommend are:

Coles/Stores and Services - Location and Trading Hours

Woolworths - Stores Locator

If you have a Rewards Cards, Fly Buy Cards or for those of you who are from overseas and know you can get discounts on whatever you can, use it to your advantage.  Accumulating points, rewards, bonus just might save you a lot of money.  I know I rely on my Rewards Cards to help me to accumulate my QANTAS Frequent Flyer Points and that my Coles Fly Buy Cards might help me with my Christimas shopping at the end of the year (depending on how much points I have accumulated.)  Always read the fine print and read what they have on offer carefully if unsure ask.  I make it a habit to read properly word to word nowadays as I am actually a skim reader and some times do not read properly til I go back and read it again properly then I realise the information was relevent for me to know.  If you have lots of money and can spend to your hearts content well good on you, this Post or the Pages is not for you then.

In the mean time to read the Northern Territory hyperlink Tourism information please go to Pages on your right and click on to

Northern Territory (NT), Australia Tribute Page - all the relevent NT Tourism websites will be inserted in here.

Take notice of the websites I am recommending they are actually Official websites and not third party agency types websites.  They are the kind of websites I usually use how ever they may not necessarily may be what you are looking for.

Feel free to contribute your own opinions or share whatever it is you want to share with others.  Comments are monitored by me but you'll find I'll approve it.  I hardly ever get many comments anyway otherwise they welcome on my Blog (depending the tone and content of the comment.)

Disclaimer:  I accept no responsibility or liability of any loss to any incorrect or out dated information some of these websites may contain.  The most accurate up to date information at the time known to me is inserted in these pages.  It is the responsibility of the individual to do their own research in their own time.  This is just a guide to assist people in giving them as much information as I possibly can to assist them in preparing for a trip to the Northern Territory,Australia or wanting to learn about the Northern Territory,Australia.  My views and opinions and experiences will not exactly reflect other peoples' views and opinions and experiences.


This material is copyright © Wendy J. Seymour 2011 - Exempt the hyperlinks they are from the World Wide Web (WWW)

1 comment:

  1. Sheetal, thank you my friend for your feedback and encouragement.

    Regards

    Wendy

    ReplyDelete