About Me

My photo
I am of Melanesian/Polynesian/Asian descent born in Lae, Papua New Guinea at ANGAU Memorial Hospital.

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Ways In Rewarding Papua New Guineans After Visiting Their Country

In PNG tipping is not encouraged, how ever if you do want to make a difference and contribute in some small way please check the following websites out to your right in my Pages List as it might be able to aid you in deciding which charity organisation you might want to donate to or sponsor.  Please also take note that if I am promoting a Charity Organisation and the likes anything to do with financial gain, I will normally do a back ground check on them.  There is no way I would be inserting false or misleading hyperlinks in my POSTS and PAGES.  At the end of the day most of us should be mature enough and smart enough to know what is geniuine and what is not.  Fortunately I do not have time for such operators and I will ensure I will report them to the relevant authorities.  To the point of going  a Court of Law to testify as a witness if need be.

Over the years I have had ADF personnel and people in general ask me the following questions:

What do people like in PNG?
What can you suggest I can give to people I meet along the way? Questions like that.

I have told some of these people that it depends on which part of PNG you will be visiting  as my people are very simple people and material things are not of great importance to them.  I am only going by my own experiences with my family and friends over there when they used to ask me for my hat or t shirt, etc when I used to visit PNG on my school holiday breaks from Australia.  Now that I am older and a lot more wiser I usually encourage people to donate any thing educational towards schools in the remote places of PNG.  Exercise books, reading books you name it any thing a school would need.  One suggestion that was made to me was the Kokoda Hospital for those of you who will be trekking the Kokoda Track and want to contribute in some way to the Kokoda people.  They really lack the medical equipments and medicines there.  Just to give you an example as I was actually asked by a Navy Officer of any charity ideas I can think of as they are thinking of doing a charity fund raiser over there in the near future this year.

It has been one of my many wishes to visit my large extended family in PNG over the years but unfortunately due to medical reasons for the time being I have had to remain in Australia.  The only way I can contribute to PNG at the moment  is from a computer and bring to attention to those concerned, what is on offer over there or what they can do for my people over there.  I have contacts in the business world over there too and I am sure some of them will not hesitate in letting me know that I am giving out false information.  I can also assure you I will rectify the situation as soon as I possibly can if this ever happens.

Til the next BLOG update.

Disclaimer:  I accept no responsibility or liability of any loss to any incorrect or out dated information some of these websites may contain.  The most accurate up to date information at the time known to me is inserted in these pages.  It is the responsibility of the individual to do their own research in their own time.  This is just a guide to assist people in giving them as much information as I possibly can to assist them in preparing for donating or sponsoring to a PNG Charity Organisation or PNG people in general.  However please be assured I usually do a background on the authenticity of such organistions before I insert certain hyperlinks in here.  My views and opinions and experiences will not exactly reflect other peoples' views and opinions and experiences.


This material is copyright © Wendy J. Seymour 2011 - Exempt the hyperlinks they are from the World Wide Web (WWW)

No comments:

Post a Comment