About Me

My photo
I am of Melanesian/Polynesian/Asian descent born in Lae, Papua New Guinea at ANGAU Memorial Hospital.

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Tracks and the Trails of PNG during WWII and the present

To be continued... (Last update Tues, 05 Apr 11)

The most famous Track and Trail of all time in PNG is the KOKODA TRACK, how ever did you know that during World War 2 (WWII)  in PNG, there were other tracks and trails that were being used over there.  I thought I would share some with you.  I am at this stage only inserting the Wikipedia hyperlinks I am sure if you want to know about these tracks just Google them or Bing which ever search engine you prefer.  I do recommend though that you never give up on the books and other published reading materials as the internet may not necessarily cover everything some times.  Peoples choice.

In the mean time if you want to know more about PNG please look to your right and see under Pages and Home the link Papua New Guinea (PNG) - All the specific travel information you need to know

Last of all click on the Post BLOGS I Am Following In Regards To PNG.  They are BLOGs from people who actually live in PNG and can tell you first hand of their experiences there.  I currently reside in the Northern Territory in Australia and the last time I was in PNG was in back in 1997, but for 12 days only in Port Moresby.  I still how ever know a hell of a lot more about the country than those who had lived there longer than me, and it may be because I had an interest in knowing about the country of my birth and heritage whilst studying Tourism for two years and retained the memory of the place when I left and may be a longing of belonging.

Black Cat Track - in the Morobe Province my side of PNG.

Bulldog Track - in the Wau and Bulolo regions not far from my mother's village the Buangs.

East West Trail - is a trail in Bouganville Island - Autonomous Region of Bouganville of Papua New Guinea

Kapa Kapa Trail - on the South coast of  Papua, near GabaGaba

Lark Force Wilderness Track - and as I am inserting this in I must admit today is the first time I have ever heard of it.  I have also met Kori Chan when he was the Captain of the PNG Rugby Union mens team that played in the Hottest 7's Rugby Union Tournament in Darwin in January 2007

Numa Numa Trail - is another trail on Bouganville that runs from Numa Numa (east coast) over the central mountains of Bouganville to Torokina on the western coast.

Piva Trail - another trail on Bouganville that runs alongside the Piva River that connects it to the East West Trail  and the Numa Numa Trail

I have now been in contact with a couple of the Track and Trail Tourism Operators in PNG whose business I would like to promote on my Blog.  Please see on your right Pages followed by Home and click on the link Tracks and Trails Tourism Operators of PNG.

Disclaimer:  I accept no responsibility or liability of any loss to any incorrect or out dated information some of these websites may contain.  The most accurate up to date information at the time known to me is inserted in these pages.  It is the responsibility of the individual to do their own research in their own time.  This is just a guide to assist people in giving them as much information as I possibly can to assist them in preparing for a trip to PNG or wanting to learn about PNG.  My views and opinions and experiences will not exactly reflect other peoples' views and opinions and experiences.

This material is copyright © Wendy J. Seymour 2011 - Exempt the hyperlinks they are from the World Wide Web (WWW)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Wendy, a great start. Keep going you may never be able to document them all but here are a few more that I know of.

    PNG has thousands of tracks that may just go from village to village or across the country.

    I have walked from East Cape to Dogura in Milne Bay province - http://michie.net/pnginfo/wamira.html - there is also the Adelbert Range Trek - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adelbert_Range_Trek - but I am sure you will come up with more.

    cheers

    ReplyDelete